Here are 7 facts about LeRoy Neiman:
- Neiman was an American artist who blended a Pop Art sensibility with impressionistic brushwork and vibrant color.
- He once said, “I do not depart from the colors borrowed from life”, “But I use color to emphasize the scent, the spirit, and the feeling of the thing I’ve experienced.”
- His prints and paintings of sporting events, leisure activities, and movie characters like Rocky were published in magazines such as Playboy.
- Born LeRoy Runquist on June 8, 1921 in St. Paul, MN, the painter enrolled briefly at the St. Paul School of Art and then at the Art Institute of Chicago after having served in the US military.
- During his life he sometimes performed on television, captivating audiences by drawing or painting portraits live on air.
- The prolific and popular artist donated a substantial donation to Columbia University School of the Arts in 1995, which helped to create its LeRoy Neiman Center for Print Studies.
- Neiman died on June 20, 2012, in New York, at the age of 91. Today, the artist’s works are held in the collections of the Art Institute of Chicago, the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington, D.C., the Indianapolis Museum of Art, Gallery Art, among others.
Below are some of Neiman’s popular prints and paintings available at Gallery Art:
To see more of his stunning fine art works, visit GallArt.com.
At Gallery Art we carry many of Leroy Neiman’s famous artworks. You can visit our 8,000 Sq. Ft. showroom located in Aventura, Florida or GallArt.com to see them up close and personal. (All artwork listed on GallArt.com is available for a LIVE viewing).
For inquiries, email us at Sales@GallArt.com or call at (305) 932-6166.
Want to stay connected to the fine art world? Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get the latest news, lists of recent acquisitions, upcoming events and private promotions.
Follow Gallery Art on social media!
Sources: artnet.com, GallArt.com