The Aventura and North Miami Chamber hosted its Monthly Breakfast Meeting and Business Card Exchange at the vibrant 8,000 Sq.ft Gallery Art Showroom, as over 50 Aventura and North Miami Marketing Council/Chamber of Commerce members arrived to enjoy the camaraderie over a beautiful and delicious breakfast.
We were delighted to have share with the cities’ entrepreneurs this wonderful event!
Gallery Art, 20633 Biscayne Blvd. Aventura, Florida 33180, is recognized for having the largest contemporary fine art collection in South Florida.
For more information, call Gallery Art at 305.932.6166 or visit GallArt.com; or Aventura Marketing Council/Chamber of Commerce 305.932.5334 or visit aventuramarketingcouncil.com
One of the Most Famous Men of the 20th Century, an Art Icon, with a Trademark Mustache and Unique Personality has a Birthday Today!
This iconic surrealist artist, writer, scientist, jewelry designer, a true showman, enjoyed being known for his bizarre, creative and eccentric personality traits wherever he would go! Today, in honor of Salvador Dali’s birthday, Gallery Art is sharing with you part of his life and legacy to the fine art world!
Here are 5 Fun Facts About Salvador Dali:
1. He believed he was the reincarnation of his brother – Before Dali was born, his mother gave birth to another child, also called Salvador Dali, who passed away at 22 months old. When Dali was 5 years old, his parents informed him of their belief that he was the reincarnation of his brother.
2. Called “Avida Dollars” (avaricious) within the art community – Dali was renowned for his love of making money. For instance, Dali had a novel way of avoiding restaurant bills. He frequently invited large groups of friends out for expensive lunches. When it came time to pay, Dali would cheerfully write a check for the full amount. Why cheerfully? Because he knew the waiter would be looking, moment when he would casually doodle on the back of the check, knowing that nobody in their right mind would ever cash a check with an original sketch by Salvador Dali on it! So the check would go uncashed, and Dali would get away with not paying the bill.
3. Stunt man – Aside from being an artist, writer, scientist, and whatever he decided to be when he woke up in the morning, Dali was a showman! For example, in 1955, he arrived at a speech in a Rolls-Royce full of cauliflowers because he was fascinated by their shape.
4. Dali’s Inspiration – His artistic experimentation culminated in what became known as Surrealism. Dali manifested characters and settings in subconscious realities inspired by Sigmund Freud’s psychoanalytic theories. Dali had a rare gift in decoding images from his dreams and inserting them in places that could exist in the real world, leaving viewers confused but ever more intrigued!
5. Salvador Dali’s Foundation & Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida – After a business partnership separation, Dali lost rights to a majority of his works and much of his wealth, consequently, his wife founded “Friends of Dali” and “The Salvador Dali Museum”, in St. Petersburg, Florida to raise money. To date, his most expensive painting sold is also the most expensive Surrealist work of art in the world: the $22.4M “Portrait de Paul Eluard”, featuring his friend and Surrealist poet Paul Eluard. Additionally, Salvador Dali designed a collection of 39 pieces of jewelry, with “The Royal Heart”, as its central piece, being later sold to the Dali Foundation for 5.5M euros (nearly $7M in 1999). He had lots of famous friends he liked hanging out with too, including Elvis Presley, John Lennon, David Bowie, Pablo Picasso, Alice Cooper and even Sigmund Freud.
Surely, Salvador Dali accomplished more than his most heartfelt desire of being remembered by the people he met; he not only left a huge legacy to those that knew him personally, but to all the generations to come! Happy Birthday to Salvador Dali!
If you are interested in purchasing one of this iconic artist’s fine art works or to see more of them, please visit GallArt.com. At Gallery Art we carry many of Salvador Dali’s most famous artworks. You can visit our 8,000 Sq. Ft. showroom located in Aventura, Florida or GallArt.com to see them up close and personal. (All artwork listed on GallArt.com is available for a LIVE viewing).
For more details, email us at Sales@GallArt.com or call at 305.935.6166
Want to stay connected to the fine art world? Subscribe to our e-newsletter to get the latest news, lists of recent acquisitions, upcoming events and private promotions.
Follow Gallery Art on social media:
Sources: biography.com, theartstory.org
It’s Almost Mother’s Day! Gallery Art is pleased to share with you some of the most heartfelt paintings on sale. Surprise her with the perfect gift! #MothersDayGifts
If you would like to purchase one of these heartfelt paintings on sale or any fine art from our website, please email us at Sales@GallArt.com or call 305.932.6166.
20633 Biscayne Blvd
Aventura, FL 33180
Want to Stay Connected to the World of Fine Art? Visit GallArt.com to Join Our Mailing List for Events, Latest News, Lists of Recent Acquisitions and Private Promotions.
To stay connected to the fine art world, follow Gallery Art on social media: